On the ground
Over the past 19 years, ground displays have included the locally based Williams Formula One team show car, Hawkwalk Falconry demonstration, Ferret Racing, Punch and Judy show, assorted kids' amusements, a 'Living History' village, and trade and craft stalls.
Through the years, vintage and classic vehicles of all types have registering to attend. We normally have a selection of MGs, which were built in Abingdon, as well as historic police cars, buses, military vehicles, motorbikes, and miniature steam engines.
In the air
In previous years, we’ve been able to host some of Europe’s best air displays and provide a wide-ranging flying programme that covers all aspects and eras of flight.
Highlights of years past include:
- Fast jets in the form of the RAF’s Eurofighter Typhoon and the Royal Netherlands Air Force F-16 Demo Team
- Locally based RAF aircraft, including TriStar and VC-10 refuelling aircraft from RAF Brize Norton and Merlin transport helicopters stationed at RAF Benson
- World War II aircraft including the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Catalina flying boat and Dakota transport aircraft
- Aerobatics from the Twister Duo, Calidus Autogyro, and Rich Goodwin’s ‘Muscle Biplane’
- Helicopter displays from the Army Air Corps’ Historic Flight, the Royal Navy’s Black Cats and the Vietnam-era UH-1 ‘Huey’
- Red Arrows Gnats, the Vulcan (no longer flying) and the Cold War Canberra PR.9 jet reconnaissance aircraft